How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
Book face-to-face or telephone appointments with your GP, nurse or clinician at a time that suits you. THIS FACILITY IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILBLE.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online
security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve
Problems booking online appointments?
Use the SystmOnline Support Centre before you call us.
We have 'same day' appointments for urgent medical issues and pre-bookable appointments that can be booked up to 3 weeks in advance and online.
We are not an emergency service. For emergencies, please call 999.
Urgent appointments will be for one problem only and therefore will be a 10 minute consultation.
Telephone consultations are also available with the GP.
Please remember that each general consultation appointment is for one patient only and for ten minutes. If you feel you need longer than this, please ask at reception for a double appointment. It would be helpful if you would be punctual and could cancel any appointments you no longer require. Please note children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult.
How do I make an appointment?
ONLINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. We appreciate your cooperation and would like to remind patients that you can still book appointments over the phone. Thank you.
You can make an appointment to see a healthcare professional at Riverside Medical Practice by any of the following methods:
- Telephone 01403 274700 Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
- In person at reception Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
- Or online by clicking here (Please note you need to be registered at reception to use this service)
When can I book an appointment?
On the day for urgent medical problems and up to three weeks in advance for routine medical matters and follow up appointments.
Appointments are available between the following hours:
|Monday||8.30am – 12.00pm||2.30pm – 5:00pm;|
|Tuesday||8.30am – 12.00pm||2:30pm – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||8.30am – 12.00pm||2:30pm – 5:00pm|
|Thursday||8.30am – 12.00pm||2:30pm – 5:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 12.00pm||2:30pm – 5:00pm|
Extended hours Telephone consultation appointments with our Clinical Pharmacist are available from 7.00am - 8.00am for our patients.
The Crawley Urgent Treatment Centre at Crawley hospital is a Sussex-wide service available to all patients, available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
We can now send you a confirmation and reminder text message about your appointment. If you are happy to receive a message by sms text please let reception know or fill out this consent to leave messages form.
Some matters, such as reviewing ongoing problems, discussing repeat prescriptions and renewing medical certificates, can be dealt with on the telephone with a doctor. The practice nurse can discuss immunisation and contraception queries and other matters related to her work.
If you wish to speak to a Doctor on the telephone, please explain this to the Receptionist. You will be asked to provide some details so that the clinician can prioritise their response. Unless it is urgent, you should normally expect to be called back before 5:00 pm. Please ring 01403 274700 to request a telephone consultation.
If you are expecting a call on your mobile, please ensure it is switched on and you have a signal.
As part of the government drive to enable patients to access GP appointments from 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week, our CCG has commissioned a HUB surgery to cover the Horsham practice patients.
This HUB surgery will initially run from 4.30pm - 8.00pm in various surgeries in Horsham and weekend surgeries in Crawley Urgent Treatment Centre.
These appointments are pre-bookable only and appointments can be made via the surgery. Each Horsham practice has an allocated number of appointments each day. You will be seen by various locum GP's and to access these appointments you must be willing to consent to the sharing of your medical record with the HUB.
Help us to help you
Please follow this useful advice to help make our appointment system run a smoothly as possible
- We have 10 minute appointments available for book on the day. These are for urgent or emergency medical problems. You may not be able to see the doctor of your choice for these appointments.
- We have more pre-bookable appointments available each day. These are either 10 or 15 minute appointments and can be pre-booked up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Please turn up in good time for your appointments. We apologise if we sometimes run late. We do our best to keep to time. We do advise to leave an extra 30 minutes after the start of your appointment time to be seen and to account for any delays.
- Have a think about what you would like to discuss with the doctor beforehand and work out what is the most important issue to be dealt with. If you have multiple problems please do not be offended if you are asked to make another appointment, as more time may be required to deal effectively with each issue.
- Use your doctor's appointment wisely. Different health professionals including nurses, health care assistants and pharmacists can help you too and may be able to deal with your problem more appropriately.
- Unless you have been asked to come in for a medication review with your doctor it is best not to see a doctor for a repeat prescription request. Simply fill in the form at reception or request the medication on the website.
If you cannot attend your given appointment please call 01403 274700 to cancel or reschedule. Alternatively if you are signed up for online services you can cancel your appointment online. On average 40 people fail to turn up for their appointments every month without informing us.
These slots could be put to good use and offered to another patient, allowing the doctors and nurses to reduce any backlog of patients and reduce waiting times. Please think of others when you can no longer attend or need a scheduled appointment.