Rather than carry pages and pages of health advice directly on our site we recommend the following web sites which offer a comprehensive resource for information and advice on health issues, first aid, medicines etc..
Riverside Surgery are not responsible for the content on these external web sites and you visit them entirely at your own risk.
Remember that all advice is intended solely for registered patients of Victoria Road Surgery and that it should not be used a substitute for seeking advice from your GP. If in doubt book a consultation.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
West Sussex Council Safeguarding Children Partnership - how to raise concerns about the well being of a child or young person.
West Sussex Council Safeguarding Adults - how to raise concerns about the well being of an adult.
- NHS UK - includes health information and self-help guides from the NHS.
- Patient UK - includes patient information leaflets, self-help groups and web directory.
- MedInfo - providing free and easy to understand medical information and advice.
- The Samaritans - confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. Telephone: 08457 90 90 90
- SupportLine - confidential emotional support for children, young adults and adults.
- Embarrassing Problems - "straight-talking good advice" on a range of embarrassing problems.
- Teenage Health Freak - advice for teenagers and those who work with them by local doctors Drs Ann McPherson and Aidan Macfarlane.
- Women's Health Information - information for women and their partners regarding pregnancy choices and some common gynaecological conditions.
- Fit for Travel - Travel Health Information from the NHS.
- Kid's Health - Kid's Health from USA, for parents, kids and teens.
- Immunisations - Immunisation Information from NHS.
Specific Diseases and Conditions
- National AIDS Trust - from UK National AIDS Trust.
- National Asthma Campaign - from UK National Asthma Campaign.
- Back Care - from National Back Pain Association.
- Breast Cancer Campaign - UK Charity researching Breast Cancer.
- Cancer Research UK - Information on cancer.
- Macmillan - Helping people live with cancer.
- Bullying Online - Helping children and their parents with bullying.
- ERIC Online - Education and Resources for Improving Childhood Continence - advice on Bedwetting and Soiling.
- The Pain Research Institute - information on various types of chronic pain.
- The Coeliac Society - information on Coeliac Disease.
- Gluten-free Recipes - Gluten-free Recipes for patients with coeliac disease.
- The National Association for Colitis and Crohn's Disease - Inflammatory bowel disease information.
- British Diabetic Association - charity to improve the lives of people with diabetes and to work towards a future without diabetes.
- Epilepsy Action - from the British Epilepsy Association.
- British Heart Foundation - information and advice for patients with heart diseases.
- Heart UK - formerly Family Heart Association and British Hyperlipidaemia Association.
- The Royal National Institute for Deaf People - for deaf and hard of hearing people.
- British Liver Trust - the national charity for adult liver disease.
- MIND - Mental Health advice.
- Family Planning Association - Contraception and Sexual Health.
- The National Eczema Society - information for patients of all ages with eczema.
- Stroke Association - Stroke information.
- DVLA - Medical Rules for Drivers
INDEX - Self-Help-Centre
- The NHS App
- LIVI App
- Pharmacy First
- Health A - Z
- Live Well
- Choose Well
- Your Medicine Cabinet
- Recommended Websites
- Age Well
- Foreign Travel
- In Times of Bereavement
- Pregnancy Care Planner
- Stop Smoking Help
- Winter Health